Terry is a Principal of Mackey Wales Law and leads the firm’s commercial law team.
Terry commenced working in the law in Townsville in 1988 and was admitted as a legal practitioner in 1994.
Terry practices primarily in commercial law and quickly establishes a two-way working relationship with his clients to assist them with their business needs. Terry undertakes all forms of property transactions including commercial and business conveyancing and leasing (both commercial and retail). Terry has acted on behalf of numerous major commercial clients in both the private and public sector. Terry also practices in succession planning and company/ shareholder transactions and re-arrangements which complements the needs of his commercial law clients.
Terry has also undertaken work for numerous major institutional clients including statutory authorities and government owned corporations.
In addition to working at Mackey Wales Law, Terry is:
- a Life Member of the Brothers Rugby Union Club in Townsville;
- Chairman of the Diocesan Development Fund in Townsville;
- a member of Townsville Roadrunners;
- an adjudicator for Secondary School Public Speaking Competitions conducted by Rostrum; and
- formerly a director of a Not for Profit organisation assisting persons with disabilities find employment.